Monday 6 February 2023

Heading into 2023

 Suddenly realised we are half way through January and I have not written yet.  I don't really do New Year's resolutions but do have a think about some of what I might want to achieve next year. I will hope to do lots of Runfurther races again even though this will prevent me doing a couple of other favourites. I want to get back to some orienteering- partly because I like the challenge and partly so that I can perhaps make a contribution to our club at the interclub challenge. I have already completed three events in the NW Night League and so will try to do the rest of the series. Bit anxious about the next event which is on much more technical terrain in the Lake District. I had fun (I think) at the New Year Cracker- fast and furious but sadly rather awful brambles. The annual charity John O'Goats in Lyme Park was much nicer with open terrain and fairly easy nav. I did pretty well. Update- did OK at Torver in that I got round. Made mistakes at Beacon  but quite pleased with Brereton Heath. Did quite well for me at Haigh Hall in daylight and disappointed the interclub I have been practicing for is post phoned due to access issues.

As always I want to run something special around my birthday- still not entirely sure what so perhaps more than one during the year. I might do the Ribble Way again as it has been a while and I like the idea of running home. Plus it's about 62 miles. I have found a new circular route in the Ribble Valley and I quite like the look of the Dales Top 10 which is also just over 60 miles.  If things are going well I have had my eye on the North West Way for a while now, it's almost 200 miles but if I do it in 'reverse' I would be running home.  I would really like to fit in is a Parr Round as the 62 peaks would fit with my 62nd year but we will see.  If I decide to do a long UK race then it might be the Hardmoors 160 as this is one I have not done before.  I did consider the NT again but hope we might get away to ski and climb then. I will likely miss my favourite of the year the GRP as I have found a crazy race in the Pyrenees- TranspyreneA.......... I might find I have bitten off more than I can chew but I will give it my best shot. It's almost 900km so what could possibly go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment